This issue of Deal Watch focuses on deal activities during the months of July and August. Despite the holiday season, the number of transactions was reasonably buoyant with the usual mix of acquisitions of companies and assets, and licensing partnerships, with and without options.
We have included 24 transactions in our table of top deals by headline value for the period which covers deals over $100m. Of these 24, the majority (17 deals) focused on the "newer" therapeutic entities such as antibodies and antibody‐based molecules, proteins, oligonucleotide‐based therapeutics and gene therapies.
In terms of therapeutic areas, immuno‐oncology and oncology predominate in keeping with typical trends, but there were also several deals in dermatology and other therapeutic areas which do not always feature so frequently, such as haematology, ophthalmology and diabetes.
|Deal Type||Headline ($m)|
|Licence, collaboration, options||2,804|
MorphoSys | Galapagos
|Click here for more information and to view the top 20 deals for July-August 2018|
The full report also contains:
- Dissecting the billion dollar deals
- Gene therapies are go
- All things skin
- Tackling complications in sickle cell disease
- Novo Nordisk's sweet spot
- Other activities of note
Interested in reading the past issues?
- Download the Deal Watch June 2018 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch May 2018 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch April 2018 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch March 2018 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch February 2018 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch January 2018 HERE
- Download the 2017 Annual Review HERE
- Download the Deal Watch December 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch November 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch October 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch September 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch August 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch July 2017 HERE