This award recognises the teams and organisations who have executed a truly transformational and high value M&A deal for both the company and the wider industry.
- The lead company must be a European Life Science company
- Open to private, public companies, pharma, commercial leaders or big tech
- Deal must be an M&A deal NOT a license, partnership or alliance
- Deal to have completed in the period between 1 September 2018 and 1 September 2019
Judges will be paying particular attention to:
- Uniqueness or novelty of deal strategy / terms and structure
- Level of value creation / size of deal
- Strength of acquirers existing pipeline / synergy with existing portfolio
- Potential game / industry changing implications within next 12-months
- Post-deal performance
(L-R) Ellie Taylor, Emcee, Eric Falcand, VP, BD&L, Servier, Patrick Lenoir, Global Head BD&L Operations and Market-Ready Licensing, Oliver Madec, Global Head M&A and Venture Investments, Servier, Shane Maloney, Global Head Transactions, Servier and William Hicks, Co-Chair, Securities & Capital Markets Practice, Mintz.
2019 HIGHLY COMMENDED