This award recognises the business development team from a pharma or large cap biotech company that has excelled in sourcing, executing and delivering extraordinary and transformational deals that created significant value for consumers, company and shareholders.
- Open to all pharma companies and large cap large cap biotech companies with a market capitalisation that is $10bn or above.
- Open to all business development teams or cross-company teams on a specific deal/project
Judges will be paying particular attention to:
- Quality and volume of deals completed
- Achievement of milestones and goals and the overcoming of obstacles
- Uniqueness or novelty of deal strategies/terms and structure
- Strength of team leadership and culture
- How alignment across parties was achieved
(L-R) Ellie Taylor, Emcee, Ranjit Saggu, Director, Corporate Development, GSK, Subesh Williams, SVP Global Corp Development, Corporate Strategy & Development, GSK, Kristen Slaoui, VP, Business Development, Pharmaceuticals Commercial, GSK, Chris Harley-Martin, GSK and Liz Tait, Head of Fundraising, Teenage Cancer Trust.
2019 HIGHLY COMMENDED