This award recognises a European VC firm that has outperformed peers, created value and demonstrated truly outstanding investment decision making.
- Open to venture capital firms only
- Firm must have more than 20% portfolio holdings in healthcare and/or life sciences companies
- Firms must have headquarters in Europe
- Period to be judged review is between 1 September 2018 and 1 September 2019
Judges will be paying particular attention to:
- Evidence of innovative company creation and deal-making strategies
- Volume of investments made in the qualifying timeline
- Number of lead investments made
- Number / quality of successful exits
- Number / value of new funds raised
- Fund performance and returns to LPs
(L-R) Ellie Taylor, Emcee, Marco Boorsma, General Partner, Forbion, Anastasia Karpova, Principal, Forbion, Brooker Roberts, Head of IR, LSX Leaders and Wouter Joustra, Partner, Forbion.
2019 HIGHLY COMMENDED