What is it?
The UK is facing a pensions crisis as people live longer and healthier lives. Pension trustees, corporate sponsors and insurers must find better ways to hedge longevity risk in order to help as many people as possible achieve financial security. Life expectancy improvements are driving a thriving market in bulk annuities and longevity swaps, with a £260bn deficit in defined benefit pensions still to be met. And problems remain interpreting the impact of medical advances and socio-economic change on life expectancy in the future.
Longevity Risk brings together pension trustees, corporate sponsors, insurers, reinsurers and professional services to explore the impact of emerging medical, socio-economic and behavioural trends on life expectancy as well as a frank discussion about current and future de-risking practices.
Who is it for?
• Pension trustees and professional trustees
• Corporate sponsor CFOs, treasury, actuaries and pensions teams
• Insurers and Re-insurers actuaries and Heads of Longevity Risk
• Pension and actuarial consultants
• Legal services
• Asset management
• Data models and risk analytics providers
• Regulators and policy influencers